Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tuesday Tempo Torture

That's what one of my cycling training partners calls her Tuesday training ride. She rides with her husband, who is a very strong bike rider, and some of his friends. Its a tempo ride for them, and she just hangs on for dear life for the whole ride. I think it would be a 2-3 hour ride at z5+! No thank you! Good thing I can fall back on the excuse that its not on my training plan.

But tonight will likely be a washout as we are in the midst of some pretty severe weather.It may fall to a ride on the trainer. I borrowed a new specialized saddle from a friend to tryout on my new Guru. The Arione that came on the bike is AWFUL! Did I say AWFUL!? Well, I finished a 3.5 hour ride on Saturday and my bottom side felt soooooo sore. So, I'm on a mission for a newsaddle. We'll see how the specialized one works out for tonights ride.

Friday I leave for Pelham, and my first attempt of the year to qualify for the Xterra World Champs in Maui. I have to finish first or second in my AG. Last year I finished second here. This year, I'm racing two qualifiers - at Pelham and Richmond. I thought Richmond would be a fun one to try. I'll post updates as I travel the week with my mom. First stop Pelham. Then Charleston, SC, Asheville, NC, then Richmond, VA, before heading back home to Todd, and Sam and Daisy (my dogs), and Junior and Peanut(my cats). Just in time for Todd to turn around and head out of town for work - to Virginia - where I will have just returned from!

No comments: