Saturday, June 7, 2008

Blood Rock - not happening

Yesterday I met my mom for the 9 hour drive to Pelham. As we drove the temperature rose to 100 degrees. Once here, I pre-rode the bike course, hoping I might be able to ride the Blood Rock technical section. That comes at least two-thirds into the course, and the first part was uneventful. I rode easy-ish, drank a lot (it was near 100!), and found the rocks and roots not as bad as last year - I think I've learned to pick better lines since then. At Blood Rock there were two guys checking it out. I walked it, watched one ride it, walked back up, rode the first short section, and decided the bottom was not worth a crash and walked for 20 seconds over the last stretch. So, for a second year, I'll be walking Blood Rock. I'm ok with that. Finished the lap uneventfully, did a lap of the swim - the water was disgustingly warm.

Its Saturday morning now, and today is just rest, checkin for the race. We may go to the Birmingham Botanical gardens. Now its time for Cheerios - breakfast of champions.

Send positive thoughts to me for tomorrow - and that the weather cools down!

No comments: