Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pushing away the negative thoughts

My biggest goal for the rest of the summer is to be successful at pushing away the negative thoughts when things are going tough during a workout. This morning my ride was an out and back, south into a stiff wind, back with the wind at my back. In headwinds I often get discouraged, but today anytime I thought about the wind, I immediately just tried to think of something positive - I have a beautiful bike! I just saved a turtle from possible death from crushing! I just picked up a bunch of new shirts for work that Stacey and Clinton from What not to Wear would be so proud of! I'm really enjoying the new CD I picked up by the Kooks, and keep singing their songs in my head when i'm riding, and they make me smile. Swimming Olympic Trials start today and I can't wait to get home and watch today. I am so lucky that I can be out here riding on this beautiful morning. Next month I'll have the chance to race and see how my training is coming together. What's a little wind! At least its not hot!

2 comments:

heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
heather said...

let's try this again!
'The wind is my friend!'
- mantra of Julie Stout and mine from ~14 years ago. Repeat with a smile everytime you're hit with a headwind or reaping the rewards of a tailwind! :-)