Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Crazy Storms & Running Shirtless

Wow, we've had two days of heavy thunderstorms, tornado warnings, and high winds, and yet somehow they spaced themselves out enough that I've been able to run yesterday morning in just a drizzle, ride my 40 minute time trial last night in high humidity and sun, and sneak in a 45 minute tempo run between heavy downpours - running without a shirt, no less! My first run of 2009 without a shirt! Its been a cool spring, and even the last week with warmer temps, I've continued to wear shirts so I'd be warmer than normal to try to be ready for the likely 90 degree temps that will await me in Alabama on Sunday. But this morning when I walked the dogs at 5am in a short sleeve cotton shirt, I got home soaked (from sweat, not rain), and had to opt for skin over shirt for my run. Glad I did!

My left shoulder feels funny today. I don't know what I did, hopefully it shakes itself out today so it doesn't bother me swimming tonight. If not, at least I have an ART appointment tomorrow, so I can have Brian work on it if necessary.

now, back to another fun filled day at work...

No comments: