Monday, January 5, 2009

Weekend Update

This morning I tated my first batch of make-my-own yogurt. And guess what - it tastes like yogurt! Here is the recipe I used.

I also read a book yesterday.
How Many Hills to Hillsboro? by Fred Bauer
It was written in 1969. Its about a family that decides they want to experience the adventure of riding their bikes across the US. They want experience the people, and places and do it as a family. This is a family who did not even own bikes, they purchased bikes with 5 speeds, started their first ride of 2 miles! ANd planned to do the ride from east to west (can you say HEADWIND!). Its a comical story for those of us who ride a lot of miles on our bikes. Also inspirational - makes me want to do it too!


And if you love dogs, this is an amazing video clip of a military veteran returning from a 14 month tour of duty, to his home, and being greeted by his best friends. ENJOY!

No comments: