Sunday, January 25, 2009

my niece wrote a book about me

A few months ago, my 12 year old niece called me on the phone and wanted to interview me for a school project. She asked me questions for 45 minutes, how many brothers and sisters do I have, what kind of car did I learn to drive in, what events did I swim, what is triathlon, what is xterra, and where have I travelled too, and the list goes on and on. Yesterday Todd came home from their house with a book. This is it, its even a hardback book!:



Its the cutest thing ever! She had to make up a story about me and something I do, so she came up with a story about Todd and I going to Maui for the Xterra World Championships (although to her it is the Extera Championship :-).

The book is super cute, very funny, she has a great imagination. My favorite line is this :I got on my bike and fixed my hair so my helmet would sit safely in place. I probably looked like a blueish-purple blob. My helmet was purple with blue stripes. My biking outfit was blue with purple stripes. And my number was purple too. My bike was the same as my helmet and my shoes were white with blue and purple.

I just giggled as I read the story, what a treat that she chose to write about me when she has a whole gaggle of aunts and uncles and cousins to write about.

3 comments:

Maggs said...

How cute. that's awesome. She clearly looks up to you.

Anonymous said...

awww... that's so nice.

WarKitty said...

How adorably cute!