Wednesday, January 7, 2009

if you commute to work via bicycle, read this...

I just read that as part of the October giant bailout bill passed by the US Congress, there are some buried tax savings for employers and employees, applicable to employees who commute by bicycle at least 60% of the time.

Here is a link to the verbage of the bill specific to this:
http://www.bikeleague.org/news/100708adv.php

and a more English interpretation:
http://www.bikeleague.org/news/100708faq.php
so, talk to your HR folks and see if you can get them to give you some tax breaks!

2 comments:

swimfin said...

Hey, saw you got a mention on RR's blog. Hope the biking hasn't been too cold. I've been running for the past two weeks on a portion of the Xterra Maui course.
Are you going to give that race a try this year?

cheryl said...

Not sure if we will go to Maui this year (of course I have to qualify first). I'll have to see how schedules work out. The new qualifier in my region is in May in May (brrrr).
How'd you like the maui xterra course - brutal is what I thought!