Wednesday, September 17, 2008

if I were to advertise companies on my self as I raced

here's who I'd be willing to have plastered on my clothes (or my skin - temp tattoos only!)

apparel:
1) Splish - I am a swimsuit-a-holic. I have always owned tons of swimsuits, usually kept near 20 suits in my rotation at a time, and when I discovered Splish, the numbers grew. Maybe if I start self-designing suits from them with splish.com on the butt, they'll realize how good an advertiser I am, and send me some freebies.
2) I always wear socks on the bike and run, I just have not gotten to the point where I can go without. And this sock girl loves the Sock Guy socks (they are as fun a splish swimsuits, almost)
3) tifosi sunnies - these glasses are great , and affordable, and mine have lasted forever, even after flying off the roof of the moving car
4) petzl headlamps - I average 2 hours a day using my headlamps (walking the dogs and running) in the dark mornings, more than most campers/hikers probably use in a year.

nutrition
1) honey stinger - simply the only energy bars I've found that I actually really like the taste of. I could eat as a snack (if I didn't have chocolate or cookies or ice cream around)
2) sharkies - yum, and what swimmer wouldn't be a good advertiser with a little sharkie tattoo swimming up her arm during a race
3) gatorade - not gatorade endurance,not infinit, not any other. Just plain old Fierce Grape flavored gatorade. I LOVE it.

favorite foods
1) Graeters ice cream - I grew up in Cincinnati eating chocolate ice cream every night of my childhood. Graeters also was born and grew up in Cincinnati, and every Cincinnatan knows it is the BEST ice cream in the world. I would wear their logo over a big ice cream cone anyday
2) hostess hoho's - I loved these as a kid, and still love them as an adult. And I'm not ashamed to say it! ;-)
3) hershey's chocolate - might as well go with 3 unhealthy food choices!

local Bloomington companies
1) Pizza Express - pizza must be on any athletes list. They might not be my favorite pizza, but they are in the top 3. And they are fast delivery. And they will take old used batteries and recycle them! How cool is that (of course I use recyclable batteries whenever possible - see headlamp usage above), but sometimes you have to use normal batteries.
2) Bloomington Bagel Company - the best bagels in town , the BEST chocolate cookies anywhere, and fortunately right across the street from my office. I'm a regular. They know my order. And the owner is a top triathlete age grouper in the area. And they recycle, use local products, show local artists work, they are a great local company! (congrats Sue on your achievements as a local female businesswoman, and a triathlete - kick some a$$ at IM AZ!)

ok, that's all. Its time for a run.

1 comment:

Maggs said...

Great list! I LOVE Pizza. I can't wait until post Kona for all the pizza I can eat!