Monday, September 15, 2008

book review

Over the weekend I read ‘Stuffed’ by Patricia Volk. This is Patricia’s memoirs, funny stories about her extended family, about growing up in New York City in a family that was in the restaurant business. This book is funny, and her love and enjoyment of her family makes you look at your own past and reach back into your memories for those special times with your own family.

It also reminds me of another book I read this past year, ‘The Glass Castle', by Jeanette Walls. Another memoir about a woman’s childhood. The stories and experiences are quite opposite, but both are great reads.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I loved "The Glass Castle." I even gave it to my dad to read; we've never traded books.

Maggs said...

Thanks for the book recommendation...I'll be doing some reading during taper!