Tuesday, September 30, 2008

the anatomy of selecting a race

me: xterra nationals are in tahoe again, as they are every year. you shuold go.
me: no, I get headaches and nausea every time I go to the mountains.
me: you should go. try it. you'll never know until you try.
me: the race is in october. I train in warm weather to go to a national competition that is in october in the mountains. doesn't that seem kind of stupid?
me: yes, its stupid. but you should go anyways.
me: the water will be very cold.
me: that's why you bought a full sleeve wetsuit, stupid.
me: oh yeah, that's not a good excuse. but the trail is tons of sand, often deep, lots of climbing.

me: you can climb, and so what if you don't pratice in sand. just go try it.
me: i don't know. it just seems so silly to go all the way out there for a race at altitude, when I live at sea level, and don't get to practice on that kind of terrain, and it could be real cold, and a million other reasons not to go. and now the hammy is acting up.
me: suck it up princess. you already bought your plane ticket!
me: yeah, you are right. it will be an adventure.

1 comment:

Maggs said...

You'll have a great time in Tahoe, and kick butt. And I'm going to remember the tip on saran wrap.