Monday, August 4, 2008

I have to swim tonight

and my nice 50m indoor pool is closed for the month of AUgust for repairs. The outdoor 50m pool is 88 degrees - too hot to even cool off in, let alone actually swim in. SO, I'm off to swim at Royer pool. Its a small 6lane,25 yard pool. It will probably be crowded with rec swimmers, and I'll get pissed off, and I really can't afford to. I have to get in good swim workouts for the next two months, and my options are not good!



On a more interesting swim note, yesterday I watched a special on National Geographic channel about the design, building and eco-technologies used in the Swim Cube in Beijing. It was fascinating. Can't wait to see the olympic swimming competition! Here are some interesting facts about the Beijing swim cube if you are so inclined to read more about it.

No comments: