Wednesday, August 6, 2008

things are exploding!

Last night I had a short ride with some hard intervals on schedule. I started with a dull headache, and between a helmet on my head, sunglasses on the bridge of my nose, and above my ears, and my neck and eyes straining to look up off the aerobars, within 30 minutes I thought my head was going to explode. I suffered and almost called Todd to come pick me up, but it seemed so ridiculous to not just get home. I fell onto the floor and let the throbbing in my head stop, and my legs stop shaking, and my stomach settle down. explosion #1.

This morning I had a hard run, with 2x10min at z4-5. ugh. The legs felt heavy, the humidity was 93% before I left. I opted for 1 15min z4 interval, because I was just feeling to darn tired to do 2. And after a couple minutes I thought the lungs would explode! I'm becoming such a wimp.

Then I noticed we've had a mini explosion of apples on our apple tree! The deer must be so happy. Maybe that's why we have so many deer in our neighborhood. The families are so large, several new babies these past 2 weeks. They are very cute. I feel bad for them though that they don't have more forest to hide out in, just patches here and there. I also had another fox sighting this morning when I walked the dogs. I always get a bit nervous when I see him, until I remind myself he's probably more scared seeing me than I am seeing him! I hope they all get some rest today, it looks like another hot one.

No comments: