Tuesday, August 26, 2008

almost SKUNKED!

They are cute, BUT..., while walking the dogs this morning at 5:30, I spot one walking towards us from the other side of the road, as we are walking up this short steep hill in my neighborhood. One we always mosey up nice and slow at Sam's hill pace. As soon as I see that white stripe I yell 'SKUNK!' and take off running up the hill, the dogs trailing me, probably wondering what the heck SKUNK! means. Slowing at the top I look back and see him running the opposite way towards cover. I guess he was as afraid of us as I was of him. Of course, I'm sure the dogs wouldn't have minded a little stink, they roll around in the worst smells they can find. But fortunately we made it home without requiring skunk cleansing baths.

I'm still a bit sore today. So I'm just going to enjoy a sunny swim at the outdoor pool after work. I have to laugh at the luck of the weather. All last week was mild and low 80's. The weekend mid 90's both days. Monday I don't even think we broke 80 as the clouds from hurricane Faye clouded up the sky off and on all day. Today will be similarly pleasant.

No comments: