Friday, June 5, 2009

Its National Donut Day

Yes, apparently the first Friday of June is National Donut Day. I wonder how many people will bring donuts to work today. Hoefully I can avoid the temptations. I don't generally go out and buy them (even though there is a Dunkin Donuts right across the street from my office, I have yet to buy anything from it - I hear that today they are giving away free donuts), but I do enjoy them.

Its been a wild week. Ok, not really, but one of lots of wildlife:

Wednesday on the way to work, I spotted a baby deer. I'm sure he was just a few days old, spotted, wobbly legs, and not much bigger than my cat!

Yesterday morning walking the dogs, right at the end of our driveway was a skunk waiting for us. Luckily he ran away when he saw us coming out the door.

Then a coyote (or maybe a fox - couldn't be sure as it was dark) ran across the street on our return trip home.

The rabbits are crazy in numbers around here. Unfortunately Junior likes to play cat and mouse with them. Here he is below after a night out, and I won't tell you what he left in the backyard for me.

He sure knows how to rest and recover!

Sam and Daisy wanted more face time on the blog. Again. SO here they are.

1 comment:

Maggs said...

I wish we had good donut shops here. I'd splurge today for sure.