Friday, October 10, 2008

when you have a lot of free time on your hands

that you used to fill with training, and now have free because you have an injury you are trying to heal, what do you do with it:
1) read the quarterly statement for one of your retirement funds that just came in the mail, and wonder if you will have to work the rest of your life
2) increase the blog stalking you do
3) spend way too much time on the internet reading whatever you can about the Hawaii ironman this weekend
4) scour the internet for any possible sentence about what could be the cause, and more importantly, the solution to your injury. Seriously, how can I get these shooting pain in the hammy/glute/aductor area, about one out of every 1000 steps I take. I'll have minutes, or hours, where everything is fine, then one step, not even up or down or sideways, just a normal step, and a sharp pain. wtf! how the heck is that possible. And I haven't worked out in 12 days, except for that exciting Tahoe race.
5) email complaints to the TSA and United airlines, both of whom ripped me off while travelling (broken/missing luggage, excessive baggage charges), and just receive a bunch of legalese responses back from them, assuring me that I will get absolutely no compensation from them. No more flying for me!!!

Despite all my complaining, I'm getting to enjoy 80 degree weather in October! The leaves are turning gorgeous colors. I'm going to carry my camera today and maybe get some nice fall shots. It is a beautiful time of year in the midwest. And this weekend I'm riding my mountain bike , yeah, I know, what about that injury. Well, it doesn't bother me riding, so I'm going to get outside and burn some calories.

1 comment:

Maggs said...

I love having free time! Try rolling on a tennis ball on your psoas (front just inside/above hip...you'll know when you've foudn the right place). Somehow it helps the hammys a lot.