Friday, October 24, 2008

old vacation photos

When I saw the pics on Bree Wee's blog from her swim with the dolphons, I wondered if I could find any of my old favorite photos (pre digital cameras), maybe saved on cd. I did!, so I thought I'd post a few of my favorites (the quality is not great, but it was fun to find them again).

From a trip to New Zealand many years ago.
we saw lots of seals, they are adorable!

And we hiked on a glacier.


Another trip was to the Cayman Islands, we are both certified divers, and I LOVE to be in the water. I was always camera happy when we snorkled and dove. We were lucky enough that one dive trip a dolphin swam up to the boat, and we stopped and jumped in with our snorkel gear, and swam with him for at least half an hour. He seemed genuinely happy to be with us.



We also did the dive with the sting rays.



Saba is the most unusual island we have been to. WIth some diving that was amazing, and I saw the most unusual fish I've ever seen - a flying gannard. Seriously, this is the coolest fish. It flies along the bottom, by spreading those winglike things, and then snapping them closed down to his side.

and everyone gets excited when they see turtles - see all the ironman hawaii blogs about seeing the turtle at the start of the swim.

1 comment:

swimfin said...

Nice pictures! I'm off to Hawaii on Tuesday. I'll say hello to the turtles for you.