Monday, October 20, 2008

sometimes the husband surprises you

So, a month ago, Todd got the first season of mannix, Mission Impossible and Hawaii Five-0 on dvd. He loved these as a kid, and now he's obsessed with watching these shows. And he tries to torture me with them, but I just find something else to do. However yesterday he was watching one of the Mission Impossible episodes and I was eating my lunch in the same room, and he said 'hey isn't that Victor Newman?' I almost spit my food out, because I haven't heard that name for 20 years, and immediately remembered it from watching Y&R (the Young and the Restless) when I was in college! And here is my 48 year old husband asking me about Victor Newman! I just laughed and asked him how he knew the name Victor Newman, and he couldn't really remember. But he was right, it was a young Victor Newman on a first episode of MI. Even after 16 years, the hubster can still hit me with a surprise.

Today I'm working from home to spare my coworkers from the germs that seem to have taken up residence in my head and chest. Sam (golden retriever) is sitting at the foot of my chair, and I have the Killers playing right now. Sam's legs are moving like he is running. Maybe he's trying to get away from the music. Jr occasionally jumps onto the keyboard and then knocks the straw in my sonic strawberry slush (the best drink around) and makes a mess.

Is this the ugliest baby photo you've ever seen?


I guess I should get back to work.

No comments: