Tuesday, July 29, 2008

where, o where, have my run legs gone.....

Every race this year, my run has been less than stellar, on races that I also went to last year, this year has been consistently 2 or more minutes slower. And I don’t get it. I’ve been working hard on my run, doing plenty of running at all zones 1-5. I’m not a fast runner, by any stretch of the imagination, but I’m starting to think maybe I’ve been thinking I’m training hard, but I’m just out there plugging around at 9 min miles. So I went to the local high school track this morning to run a mile at what felt like z4 pace, and I ran 7:13. At least it wasn’t 9 minutes! Let’s hope the run legs show up at the Great Buckeye half ironman on 8/24. I’m hoping for sub 1:50 on the run there. I better be ready to eat pain there!

No comments: