Wednesday, July 9, 2008

all this by 8am

SO this morning I wake up. Its 3am. Why, I'm not sure until I hear Junior bouncing around the floor making a commotion. He doesn't stop until I'm wide awake. 4am the alarm goes off for Todd to get into work early for an hour of night vision testing before the sun comes up - oh the glamorous life working for the govt. 4:45 and the dogs won't stay quiet anymore, so we are up, I am eating my cheerios, watching the weather, while they eat and Junior bounces around the sunroom some more. We are out on our walk by 5am! We see the paper delivery guy, and 3 deer, one laying in the grass, not even 5 feet from the sidewalk. He doesn't flinch, the dogs don't even notice him in the dark. I don't shine my headlamp in his direction to protect his anonymity, and to keep the dogs from going ballistic if they were to see him. other smells distracted them in the opposite direction. Now if you don't have dogs, but want them, you should know a few of the fun things about having dogs. ANd of course, those involve cleaning up after them. My dogs have two funny things they do. We are walking along, and Daisy starts to do her poop dance. That is 3-4 pirhouettes to find her starting point, then a travelling poop walk where she deposits her poop over a 5-10 foot area that I have to follow behind and scoop up before Sam takes off without us. Sam then 5 minutes later begins his poop walk (Daisy has the dance, Sam the walk). Sam starts this slow squatty walk, it can go the length of two yards, and when he reaches a point where grass ends and pavement ends (driveway or street), he stops and poops. Today however was a special day. He pooped, I scooped. He walked into the middle of the street (on his way to the other side), and right in the middle he stopped. I look at him. He looks at me, and I realize he's giving me the 'mom I have poopie in my butt still, and you have to get it out' look. Lucky me I get to pull poop out of his butt! Yes, and if you have a dog you can do that too!

ok, dog adventure over, and I get to run now. I have not mentioned that its a nice comfortable 70 degrees (not bad), and 100% humidity (bad). Clouds low and thick, cannot see the sun coming up for the heavy cloud cover. The run calls for 30 minutes in zone 1 and zone 2. Then 2x8 min xone 4-5! ouch! ok, so running is not easy for me. And running in zone 4-5 is really not easy for me. And running in zone 4-5 in 100% humidity is REALLY REALLY not easy for me. This run hurt. I was drenched when I got home. Had a large cold glass of chocolate milk sitting on the patio while the dogs licked the sweat off my legs.

shower, pack food for the day, ride my crappy little commuter bike to work, and I'm here before 8am! Now I can eat my second breakfast - my favorite - yogurt, grapenuts, berries, all mixed together. YUM. Time for the ipod to come out to get me through enother exciting morning in the office.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are Superwoman chick!