Monday, July 7, 2008

weigh-in time!

I have not weighed in for over a month, but I've been training hard, and eating fairly well. This morning I weighed in and was at my college swim weight! woohoo! That makes me very happy. My body is definitely different than it was when I swam in college, but for 18 years I was 10-20 pounds heavier than I was in college, and last year I got back down there. Gained about 8back over the winter, but now I'm back! I feel good, and I'm not injured, and training is going well.

I'm also entering my first half IM of the year, Sat July 19, in Louisville, KY. Its sort of a last minute decision. Its a new race, just saw the ad for it, and thought it would be a good chance to swim in the river, before I sign up for IM Lou 2009. While I'm not going into the race with high hopes for a PR, I'll use it as a good practice race - my first river swim, ride on the IM Lou bike course, on my new bike, practice my nutrition, see where my bike speed and fitness is, and see how I can hold on the run. Its all about positive self talk. I'm looking forward to the race.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are the bomb!