Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I’m going to camp!

Tomorrow I’m leaving to go to camp in Florida where I will swim and ride and run in sunshine for 3 days! It will be a welcome departure from the cold and snow of Indiana. I’m sure it will be challenging, humbling and fun.

I’ve been to camp before. A couple years ago I went to mountain bike camp. It was a blast, I learned a lot of great skills – both physical and mental skills – that I use every time I ride my mountain bike.

Years before that I went to a snowboarding camp. It was fun. But cold. And the last day I had a bad crash on the steeps of Jackson Hole and paid for it with a serious neck injury. So, I switched from snowboarding to mountain biking – its much safer! ha ha ha

3 comments:

swimfin said...

Have an awesome time. You deserve some warm weather biking after all you near freezing bike commuting.

cheryl said...

I haven't been riding to work - too cold and treacherous - just riding outside on the weekend on the clear highway! Gotta love riding on 55mph roads!

Maggs said...

It seems like everyone is going to camp. Have fun!