Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Center of the Universe



I live in Bloomington, IN, a town that some Hoosiers believe is the center of the college basketball universe. Last night it moved a few hours north of here, to West Lafeyette, In. And I admit since I moved to Indiana from the center of the college football universe (Ohio, ok, that’s a stretch too), I have become a fan of a good basketball game. I’m by no means an obsessive fan, and I don’t watch every game faithfully, but if Todd has a game on, and it is a good game, I’ll get drawn in, and enjoy watching it. Last night was one of those games. Purdue (ranked #21, and Todd's alma mater) was playing Michigan State (number 5) at Purdue. And they played like they owned the court. Their game flowed, and looked effortless, and strong. They played with heart, and kept pushing themselves to make plays all the way to the buzzer. You can tell these guys just love to play the game.

I’ll try to take those lessons to my next race . I will race with heart, from the start to the finish. Think strong and effortless. And love to play the game.

No comments: