Saturday, February 7, 2009

camp day 2

started with a medium length run on some sandy trails, a nice treat rather than running on the roads. Then a few of us nuts headed to the ocean. Water temp was 56 degrees! so wetsuits were required. We didn't swim much, out to the nearest buoy and back twice. .That was enough for me! I forgot my camera, so hopefully someone else will post some photos. Then another 60 mile ride, I started to blow the last 3 miles so I opted out of the last short loop, and came back to the room, cleaned up, walked to the grocery to buy some pears for my trip home tomorrow afternoon, and now I'm watching Michigan State beat up on Indiana, before heading to pancake dinner!

Here are a few shots:

the local alligator, just to prove I am in Florida

two of the women at camp graduated from IU in the 90's, I think they have forgotten the IU cheer:

and the group heading out for a ride

2 comments:

heather said...

Looks like you're having a great time! You'll be welcomed home with warm, wet weather!

Angela said...

Looks like an awesome group of girls! Good time of year to be going to camp. Wouldn't it be fun to escape for a month?