Friday, July 24, 2009

On my mind

Why does honey slide off peanut butter, when both peanut butter and honey stick like glue to everything else!

Weird how the nasal irrigation system that I started to use pulses water up one nostril and it comes out the other, and it feels like you are swimming and continuously getting water up your nose for a few minutes.

Why is it that your mind willingly allows you to swallow food that you put in your mouth and chew up, even though it may be bigger than a giant gumball, but when you put a pill-like object in your mouth to swallow, your mind just wants to make you gag on it!

Why do our bodies like to tease us? I mean, I have not been injured for months (yes, I knocked on wood), and I sit on my a$$ at work, and stand up from my chair, and my right hip screams in agony for like 5 steps, and then it is normal. Or, I’m out for a run, and all is well, then I have 5 steps where my right foot wants to curl up in a ball, then its normal. Seriously, it’s enough that I over analyze every little feeling in every joint, muscle, tendon, ligament, and cell in my body, why throw me into these situations of temporary insanity!

How do dogs learn the meaning of words? My friends dog, Tili, who stayed with us often over a span of 3-4 years (more than 3 years ago), passed away this week. Daisy was laying on the floor by Todd, and I walked over to her and said ‘Daisy’, and she looked at me without moving. Then I said ‘do you remember Tili’, and as soon as the word Tili came out of my mouth, her tail was thumping wildly against the floor. I like to think that she remembers Tili. She loved having Tili over at our house. We all did. Here's Tili:

Tili - I hope you running around in a great big field of grass, next to a beautiful lake that you can run and jump into any time, rolling around in any stink that you desire, and getting all the belly rubs you want. Rest in peace sweetie!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Awww, Tili. What a beauty. Rest in Peace.

After a couple of days (or hours sitting at my desk) without riding, my legs feel weird. I've decided I can feel my muscles atrophy from non-use after a while. lol.

Kathy said...

Yes, RIP Tili. We love you.