Thursday, April 16, 2009

long course meters

It's that time of year. My main training pool is beginning the transition to long course meters. For the next month, its still short course yards (yeah!) most lap swim times, but occasionally long course meters. So, now, every time I have a swim, I have to figure out what I have to do to get the swim in short course yards, figuring the logistics of where and when I can work it in around my work schedule and any other workout that day. But, soon, it will be long course all the time, and I either give into long course, or swim at the old pool (which is only short course). I don't really like the old pool (although Mark Spitz and Gary Hall trained there, so if it was good enough for them, it should be good enough for me!). But I also don't really like long course (after all you can't do a real 100IM in a long course pool!). And if I want to swim outdoors in summer, its only long course.

bye bye short course yards... I'll be waiting for you to come back to me in the fall!