Thursday, April 23, 2009

earth wind and fire


No, not these guys.









Yesterday was Earth Day. I don't really understand the designation of days for things we should be doing all the time. Oh well. In addition to the usual routine (riding bike to work, using biodegradeable poop bags to pick up after dogs, taking lunch to work in reusable plastic containers, I even skipped a shower in the morning to save water!), yesterday we had 7 new modern energy efficient windows installed at home to replace the last 40+ years old windows. yeah!!!!!!!


In addition to Earthday, yesterday was also incredibly windy, and I had a nice hard interval bike ride to accomplish. I'm trying to learn to love the wind (or at least not hate it). ANd I put my head down and got it done. I would have cried going into the strong head/cross wind, but it would have used up too much energy, plus I was trying to be a big girl with a tough as nails attitude, and Big Girls Don't Cry! It did make me wonder (wind and earth theme) why every house in the world doesn't have a solar panel and a small wind turbine on its roof to generate its own electricity. I know, $$$$. But really, how cool would that be!


Fire! Well, the only fire is the one I tried to light under my a$$ as I pushed through each interval and the wind.

1 comment:

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Great job on the intervals!!! I remember you efficiently blocking the wind for me while at training camp in FL, an for that I am eternally grateful! I have been thinking of you this week - Little 500 is in Bloomington this weekend!!! I saw that Ludacris is playing. It would be a lot of fun to drive up and check out the scene... hmmm... maybe next year! It would be fun to come up Friday a.m. so we could bike in the afternoon friday and then check out the race saturday/sunday....Take care!