Friday, April 30, 2010

Shit Sam

When I was walk my dogs in the early morning darkness,I have a lot of time to think. Sometimes I talk out loud to the dogs, sometimes out loud to myself. Sometimes I just think silently.

I wonder if my neighbors heard me if they’d think my dogs names are ‘Shit Sam’,’Damnit Daisy’, and ‘Ahhh Max’, instead of Sam, Daisy and Max. Walking three big dogs is a challenge. They want to go everywhere, twisting their leashes around each other. I’m constantly swearing as I attempt to keep everything moving in a forward direction, and me not trip over any of the tangled mess. And I think dogs have a reserve tank (you know, of pee). They can go outside after a night of sleeping, take a big pee. Then take a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood and still have enough pee to stop and leave a few drops every 30 seconds or so for the whole walk.

I also wondered why do we vote for jobs like coroner. And county treasurer and clerk. Now, I’m not the most political of people, but I do understand voting for positions where political thought might impact decisions that are made for the people. But coroner? Come on! Isn’t the coroner just handling dead bodies? What could a coroner possibly do that needs the taxpayer money to be spent by holding an election for the position, as opposed to people just applying for it like any other job in this world.

Why can’t the lilacs bloom all spring and summer long? It’s such a beautiful smell to only have a for a few weeks a year.

Why do people not understand that it’s disgusting to get in a swimming pool with a ton of perfume on? And I wish my work would ban perfume from the office, just like they have banned smoking.

Why can the body do amazing things like heal an open wound in your skin in just a few days, but take weeks, even months, to heal some internal injuries?

I wonder how many days I can take off from training to heal up my injuries before I start to feel like a non-athlete. And once I feel like a non-athlete, will I think, hey, I kind of like this non-athlete thing!?

hmmm.... I wonder.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm sure you'll find that you enjoy "life balance," even when the scale tips a bit more toward hanging out and normal activities around the house and less toward training and racing goals, but I wouldn't worry about turning into a lazy slug! ;) Those of us exercise addicts know how much that part of our life enhances all the other parts, and we're not likely to give it up.

swimfin said...

I am so with you on the perfume. It should be banned!

Aimee said...

I have a 100lb. black lab, so I totally know what you're talking about with walking him being a challenge!

Oh...lilacs...I love lilacs! We have a lilac tree in our backyard that is just now starting to bloom. It smells so good. I, too wish they would bloom year round! :)

And, I can't stand perfume in the pool. Worse yet, is the spray deodorant that drifts into the pool area from the locker room...gag!

I hope your injuries heal sooner rather than later!

mjcaron said...

You will probably never feel like a non-athlete. :)