Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Another Year, Another Chance to

1) Adjust my attitude about work. I am so fortunate to have a good, secure job, with flexibility, lots of time off, and I am going to be thankful for that. I know so many people are hurting and needing jobs, and I have got to stop being such a humbug about mine.

2) Learn to love my short hair! Yes, its short, and going shorter. Now I just have to learn how to train and race with it not driving me crazy.

3) Age gracefully. I just bought my first pair of reading glasses, and what do you know, it makes reading easier!

4) Move my parents to Btown! Yes, I’m helping my parents find a house and move to my new hometown. I’ve now lived in Bloomington longer than I’ve lived anywhere else, and I’m hoping to get them here too within the year. I love it here. Except in winter. Someday I’ll move where its warmer. And I’ll take them with me then too.

5) Discover more addicting iphone apps. As sad as it is, I just found hangman (thanks Barb), and it’s a little addicting! I also just discovered that I can listen to the music without headphones! Doh!

6) Volunteer more

7) Read more books. I had a goal of 24 books in 2009, I’m sure I fell short. I didn’t track what I read, but I’m guessing it was more like 15. So, I’ll shoot for 24 again in 2010. One down, I just read ‘The Art of Racing in the Rain’. Nice read. A story told from the point of view of a dog, who is almost human like in his observations of humans and life. Not sure what’s next on the stack, but its sitting at home waiting to be opened up.

8) Take a vacation that is completely self indulgent, that has no training or racing involved (after the training and racing is complete, of course!)

9) Design more Splish suits.

10) Become an ironman!


here’s my latest splish design, a little retro,... its on the way:

1 comment:

Jennifer Harrison said...

LOVE IT! CUTE SUIT and NY resolutions! :)) For Xmas last year I had my mom design a splish suit for me - loved it!

Too bad they are so $$. LOL

:)