Monday, December 28, 2009

Boy loves Puppy

It was a fun Christmas weekend. Lots of time with family. We have some deer who live in our neighborhood, and since Todd puts tons of birdseed outside in the backyard, they have even taking to jumping over the 5 foot fence to visit the feeders.


This weekend my whole family was at our house, and we actually ate at our dining room table for the first time since we moved into this house! My niece's five year old son is sooooo cute. He is so chatty, and says the cutest things. He LOVES my golden retriever Sam. Sam is so gentle with him. He hugs all over Sam, and Sam just lets him be as close as he wants to be. He asked me if he could take Sam home with him. I could even come visit Sam anytime I want! So cute. If Sam would actually get in a car, he'd probably be happy to spend his life with a little boy who loves him to death.


Yesterday we even got our first real snow of the year - nearly two inches! ha!, take that you northerners :-) Angela and I headed to Brown County this morning to attempt to do a mountain bike ride. Last year, she and I tried a snow ride. It had snowed about 8 inches when we tried, and I spent about 200 yards, not able to pedal more than one revolution without the tires spinning and slipping and me not moving forward. I walked to the first place I could get to the road and gave up. Today I was hopeful that with just two inches I might actually be able to ride. And I did! We had a fun ride. It was slow going at times, ice and snow and a few soft spots that just suck away either your speed or your confidence. But the trail was frozen and ridable, and we had no crashes! Yay!

I came home and ordered one of my new Splish designs!

4 comments:

LittleRachet said...

I've got a splish I'm itching to pull the trigger on to order! I think I need some purchase-based motivation.

Maggs said...

I just got another new splish today. And then I sank like a rock in the pool. Apparently new splish suits are not a substitute for training.

mjcaron said...

We have deer due to our bird feeders as well. It's cool and they are so brazen they just stare at us through our window.

Your dog is very cute.

Jennifer Harrison said...

You got new splish suits? OH do post them!! I love new suits! :) you will need them. lol

Happy New Year!