Tuesday, January 19, 2010

TRX!!!!!

TRX Suspension Training

For Christmas, I bought myself the TRX home system to add more variety to my strength/core/balance routine that I do a couple times a week. And I have to say, I absolutely LOVE TRX! It is so challenging. You can do hundreds of different exercises. You can build strength. Felxibility. Balance. It does anything and everything you can ask of it. And you can make it easy or hard just by adjusting your angle or distance from the anchor, or by increasing or descreasing the size of your base for an exercise.

When I watched the dvd that came with the bundle, one of the trainers they had demoing exercises is a woman named Bianca. And Bianca is fit! And strong! And the things should could do put me to shame! And I recently purchased Jessi Stensland’s 30 minute multisport video, and it has awesome exercises in it. And She is also super fit, and strong, and I can’t believe some of the things these women can do! I am so inspired to become a better, stronger, more balanced athlete!

Atomic crunches watch out!

Here is one version of the atomic crunch - you can see how difficult it is:


Jessi does an even harder version!

6 comments:

LittleRachet said...

I've been flirting with buying a TRX for a while. I'm excited to hear what you think! the guys on that video make me hurt just watching.

mjcaron said...

I like the looks of the handstand better than the push-up.I find push-ups to be the hardest of all.

Jennifer Harrison said...

OH YAY BABY! LOVE IT ALL !

Maggs said...

I just saw one of those yesterday. Played with it for a while. I love it. Can't bring myself to pay that much money for a bunch of nylon strapping etc, but I might have to dig out my sewing machine and see what I can do.

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Oh Crap! Do they perform emergency surgery to your abs afterwards to repair your torn ab muscles from all the work!! It was so great seeing you last week, I can't wait till you come visit for a training weekend!

GoBigGreen said...

OMG this scares me! So if i wait till 2011 will there be TRX 2 I can get:) Good for you, tell me all about it in Tucson and maybe it can help me do the 100 FLY someday:)