Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I almost called in fat today

Was watching the Devil Wears Prada last week, that is a funny movie. I almost peed my pants when the 2 modelesque girls were going to work and one commented she wasn’t feeling well, and perhaps should have stayed home. The other said to her without cracking a smile ‘I almost called in fat today’. I'm going to try that some day here at work.

On Mothers day, my 93 year old grandmother got to spend time with her great-great grandson. Yes, that’s 2 greats. 5 generations in my parents house that day. My Grandma–my mom-my brother-his daughter-her son. How cool is that!

Bree posted a recipe for ooey gooey caramel goodness

This weekend I have another attempt to stalk some pros at the Midwest Xterra Cup race in is-it-still-winter-up-here-should-we-really-be-racing-in-water-this-cold-we-are-talking-Michigan-in-May! I better get more photos than I got at New Orleans - which shouldn't be hard since I got ZERO at NOLA!

why chip & seal? I'm not talking potatoes and cute little furry seals. I’m talking about that crap paving technique where they lay down that awful bumpy layer of ‘chip pavement’ and then spray over it with some sealant. Its terrible for bike riders! Why don’t they ask us before they do things like that!

I want to know what dork invented the 40 hour work week! I could be happy with 20 hours. 10am to 3pm M-F, with an hour break for lunch. Perfect.

I have cleaned my mountain bike two times, my road bike one time, and my tt bike one time in the last 3 days. RAIN RAIN GO AWAY!

The Boston Globe has some of the best photos I’ve seen on any topic, for the main page to look for a topic of your interest.

I get to swim SCY tonight! The only day each week that I have access to SCY anymore until fall. I will take full advantage. Maybe I'll practice my underwater kick off the wall to 15 yards on every turn.

5 comments:

Jennifer Harrison said...

i am called in "FAT" today - LOVE IT. :)) GOOD luck this weekend, Cheryl!!!!

swimfin said...

Good luck in your race! I need to make Bree's recipe!

Kathy said...

totally agree about chip 'n seal and 40-hr work week!

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing the sailboat photos. Way too cool.

Sherry said...

Luuuurve that movie!

Yes, more pics please! Have fun!!!