Sunday, March 29, 2009

my poor Sam

He is a big dog. 120pounds of golden retriever. And he tore his acl. Not completely through, but its going. So the most recommended fix was a surgery where they put a clean break in his fibula, then reset it at an angle so the femur and it meet at a more natural angel. Now he is on restricted movement for 8 weeks. After 1 day, he already wants to move. Eight weeks is going to be insane.

His new titanium hardware:

Junior checking out Sam, being a very good boy. At least he was inside giving the local wildlife a break.


Daisy is making a killing on Sam's misfortune. She already loves to walk and run, and now that Sam cannot play for 8 weeks, I am her playmate and she's averaged 3 walks a day, and today a Trun with me. She's going to wear me out!


Sam's poor naked leg. I'm sure he'd eat me alive if he knew I posted a picture of his nakedness. Its such a sad site to see a full quarter of his haunches bare, as his fur is absolutely beautiful. I mean, if my hair could look like Sam's, I'd never have to pay for hair color!


and he loves the collar (2 weeks of this so he doesn't chew the sticthes and cause an infection)

7 comments:

LittleRachet said...

Poor baby!!! Me and my furkids send our best. 8 weeks will be tough for sure.

Angela said...

Awww--the face says it all in that last pic. However, he should be more embarrassed about you posting the last pic with the collar than the naked leg. (; I can just imagine what the other dogs must be thinking.....I won't show Max this one.

Hope Sam has a speedy recovery.

Maggs said...

Poor puppy

Mis B. said...

Poor Sam :(!!! But now he's bionic puppy with the fancy titanium hardware. I hope he's feeling better and back to pestering the local wildlife in no time.

swimfin said...

Poor Sam! He looks so sad in that collar. I'm glad they don't put us humans in those things. Maybe he needs some Graeters Ice Cream.

Kathy said...

Agile Gold is sorry to hear about Sam, and send wishes for a speedy recovery.

Melissa said...

Oh no! Poor guy! I hope the recovery is speedy!

See you soon in New Orleans! Have a safe trip.