Monday, December 8, 2008

the weekend in review

It was COLD!

Despite that I managed a mountain bike ride in an inch of snow - woohoo - that is fun!

I replaced the brake pads on my commuter bike - no more 100 decibel squealing every time I apply the brakes - 2 pads were exposing metal! oops

It was the anniversary of Pearl Harbor - watched a bit of the History channel - thinking back to high school history class - they really don't teach you much.

I bought a Bosu ball - oi! - I am bad. I thought I was coordinated (swimmer) and had good balance (mountain biker), but I really suck on the Bosu ball. This will be a great learning experience for me.

I also bought some Silk (Soy milk). Thought maybe the lactose in milk is causing my thick dusgusting mucus problem. Even though I have tried eliminating dairy before for a couple days and it didn't help, I thought I'd see if I could handle the taste of soy milk, and if so, I'd make more of an effort to try it again for a longer period of time. I tried it this morning on my Cheerios - ick - don't like soy milk.

Watched some of the events at the US SCY Nationals on swimnetwork.com. Up and coming 16 year old Dagny Knutson (from North Dakota!) will be one to watch in the future. She broke Katie Hoff's american record in the 400im - 4:00.6! She was incredible.

Waiting for my replacement ipod to arrive - last week mine went through the washing machine. So sad. Except that it was 3 years old, and now I get to upgrade.

2 comments:

Mis B. said...

I like Blue Diamond Original Almond Breeze as a substitute for Moo milk on my morning oats: This is the only brand that is any good--the others are swill! I don't drink it really, but it's great on cereal; it doesn't have that strong soy aftertaste. I may have been vegan too long at this point, but I think it's good--it's worth a try anyway!

swimfin said...

I think the Bosu ball might be like my Indo Board. let me just report that I have almost broken my arm a few times. Apparently, even though I can surf, balancing on this board is just too dangerous for my uncoordinated self. Also, tried to switch to Soy milk with my cereal and yuck!