Monday, December 29, 2008

questions I had on my 10 minute bike ride to work this morning

Why do squirrels jump out in front of cars? I hit my first one at age 42 – on Christmas Day of all days!

Can I count a slice of banana bread as a serving of fruit? I seem to have a problem eating bananas before they get too ripe and end up making banana bread – which I just looovvvvve.

Why do Masters swimming organizers think masters swimmers will be satisfied swimming meets in crappy 30 year old 6 lane pools at the local YMCA, instead of a nice new 8+lane college pool? And why can’t states that are adjacent coordinate their schedules so as not to schedule meets on the same day at the best pools in the area!

Why can’t I eat whatever I want and not gain weight like I did when I was an age group swimmer?

Why are some of my coworkers so annoying? And why do they always have to bring in high calorie foods to the office for everyone to eat!

Why can’t I be as fast a runner as I am a swimmer?

How many calories were in that coldstone ice cream I ate yesterday?

Why does my dog Sam hate riding in the car so much – it would be so fun to take a trip with Todd and the dogs, but Sam won’t get in the darn car!

who came up with the 5 day workweek anyways? I like 3 day workweeks!

1 comment:

Maggs said...

I asked myself the same banana bread question yesterday.