Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm tired...

Tired of all the rain. Tired of not being able to ride my mountain bike whenever I want to because the trails are too wet. I'm tired of watching the lawn grow so fast that it could use a mowing more than once a week (I don't do it, but it could use it). Tired of having to clean the dogs every time they come in from outside, which leads to more dirty towels to clean! Tired of having to carry a bunch of extra crap when I ride my bike to work to stay dry on the way to work, or to be dry at work, or not get soaked on the way home.

I'm tired of my hamstrings being sore - I know I should do something about that! And I'm tired of swimming like a slug every time I go to the pool for my measley 30 minute swims. I'm also tired of work. I want a sabbatical for the summer.

On a brighter note. I'm happy that I've got my diet/nutrition under control. Things are looking good there. In the one mtb ride I did get in the past two weeks, I rode really well, no crashes, cleared pretty much everything, and had a blast. And my bathroom remodel is almost finished! Soo, I won't have to walk to the other end of the house when I wake up at 2am to go to the bathroom.

And I'm thankful that my parents have kindly volunteered to come over a few days this week and next week while Todd is out of town so I can work and get in my training, without neglecting the dogs, and have someone at the house while the bathroom remodel work is being completed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's raining here today too! I think we should just quit our jobs and do some traveling in which biking and running would fit in! The everyday rat race gets old.

cheryl said...

Training camp in a nice sunny , mountainous, warm but not hot, location would be nice!