Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Masters of relaxing

Most of us triathletes, cyclists, runners, swimmers, find the off-season difficult. Taking consecutive days or weeks of no workouts is a challenging test for some of us. Some of us hang out with our friends.


some of us work on stretching, pilates, yoga, and other such techniques of relaxation.


and, my favorite, the nap!


Well, I did those things for the month of November, and this week it was back to some structure. I like structure. My waistline needs structure.

My main athletic goals for the month of December are:
1) 10 consecutive pullups
2) swim a 200fly without cheating
3) ride the rock sections at BCSP without falling, dabbing or stopping. well, maybe a little dab is ok, but no stopping or falling!

That's it. Should be a piece of cake! Maybe.

3 comments:

Angela said...

"Should be a piece of cake."

Mmmmmm cake. (-;

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

awwww. sooo cute!!! campy does the dead cockroach (with his legs up) when he sleeps :)
-marn

GoBigGreen said...

Yea I am with Angela, dont you get cake or cupcakes after you do all that? I laughed outloud...Do you know how many pull ups I can do ASSISTED? Um. I wont tell you! Something to work on.
The 200 fly...If i didnt have a shoulder issue ( excuses excuses) I can do 100 but barely! MY point is GO FOR IT! ROCKSTAR!!!
and love love love the Golden:)