Thursday, November 13, 2008

winter

The calendar says its still fall, but as far as I’m concerned November marks the beginning of winter. I wake up in the dark at 5am. Walk my dogs in the dark. Run in the dark, ride my bike to work (ok, luckily since we just had daylight savings time, its now light about 20 minutes before I leave for work – but I guess that means in 20 days it will be dark!) My desk at work is at least 20 feet from the nearest window. I have to look over monitors and a book case to ever see daylight on a weekday. Then I leave work, and within 30 minutes its dark again. I really don’t like all the darkness. All weekday rides are on the trainer. I have to recharge my headlamp every 3-4 days. And this weekend the forecast is for rain, snow, and wind, and maybe highs in the low 40’s. Sunday looks to be the better of the 2 days, so I’m saying now I will ride outside on Sunday. I’m waiting for someone to tell me to just suck it up. Wear the right clothes, and hit the road for a couple of hours. Then go to Coldstone! Yes, I eat ice cream when its cold! You eat hot foods when its hot, right?

No comments: