Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A busy morning

Daisy woke me 10 minutes before the alarm – at 4:30am! She must have known we wanted an early start so I could get to the polls and vote in addition to all the normal morning things. SO, up and breakfast with the dogs. Walk the dogs. Throw on my running clothes, and give Todd my id and jacket. I run to the polls, he drives over (after he gets coffee), we are #8 in line. I vote, then run my 45 minutes ez, followed by my first time ever to do run drills. I am sore now! Home, shower and get ready for work. Ride my old clunker mtb to work. On the way, they have decided to tear up pavement around campus in prep for laying new asphalt. One small road I usually go down was torn up, and barricaded with signs, but they weren’t working yet, so I maneuvered around the signs, and rode down the torn up pavement, then saw that the barricades at the other end had no room to snake around, so it was either get off the bike and walk up over the curb, or try out my bunny hopping skills or a wheelie up over a 5 inch curb, without front suspension(its so old, its clogged in the off position) and flat pedals and slip on wedge shoes. I decided I’m a mountain bike rider, just hop the curb. There were several people around, so the pressure was on not to mash right into the curb or have my feet slip off the pedals or face plant onto my handlebars, and somehow I made it up and over it without embarrassing myself!

Last night was my first swim test. I was so not ready to make myself swim fast, as I’ve been out of the water for a month. But I managed 1:13 average for 10x100’s with 10 seconds rest after each. Not bad, not great. At least I have something to look forward to in a couple months to bump up the pace as my swim form comes back.

1 comment:

WarKitty said...

Shoot, I'm only just now figuring out how to keep my legs from dragging behind me in the pool.