Friday, October 2, 2009

I love October

October is my favorite month of the year. Fall is beautiful in the Midwest. And let’s not forget Halloween – the BEST holiday of all. It may have something to do with the fact that my birthday is on Halloween! Happy birthday to me!!!!!!. Growing up with a Halloween birthday was awesome. It’s like the entire neighborhood was giving my birthday presents! Ok, they were also giving my friends presents too. But still, I loved sweets then, and I love them still. Chocolate preferably. And not with nuts or other accoutrements mixed into it, just plain old chocolate. Milk chocolate, that is. (because everything is better with a little dairy). Wait, peanut butter with my chocolate is ok too. Just not nuts. Yes, the nuts are the problem for me. They ruin my chocolate.

I’ve had a week of doing pretty much nothing. Except work, eat, sleep, and eat some more. Boy, I have a real hangup with eating. I LOVE it. Especially sweets (see above). I went a little overboard on the Nutella yesterday. I think tomorrow I’ll take the dogs to the trails for a long walk. That way I can burn some major calories, they can burn off some energy. I think it will be a few more weeks before I can get some nice fall pictures. Two building ups from me on campus are two giant ginko trees. They must be over a hundred years old. Beautiful old trees. Ginko leaves are perfect little fan shaped beauties. They burst into a bright gold color before they fall, and then when conditions are right, some years they drop all their leaves in a day or so, its like gold rain. I’ll start watching them next week and hoping for a spectacular show (just wish they weren’t so stinky!)

Have you seen this video? I know, you probably have. I'm a little slow. But if you haven't, you should watch it, its pretty cool.

2 comments:

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Wow! I didn't realize your bday was on Halloween!!! That explains a lot! Nutella is the best!!! The best is a nutella/banana crepe.. yummm.... enjoy your downtime from your successful tri season!

Melissa said...

wow, I hadn't seen that video before and it's cool! Love that song too.

Midwest falls are the best! Especially in Brown County. People in Colorado talk and talk about how pretty the Aspen trees are, but it's nothing compared to what you get to see!

Happy Early B-day Halloween lady!