Monday, September 14, 2009

The calendar says mid-September, but…

The weather says its still summer! And I am loving every day. We have had almost no rain in weeks (I know we need some, but we had a lot all summer, so I’ll take a few dry weeks). And the weather has been downright balmy, above average for September. I wouldn’t be surprised if our average highs for September are higher than the average high was in August.

Last week, I got to swim outside at the lake twice. And WITHOUT a wetsuit! The water temperature must be upper 70’s, it was soooooo pleasant. I’m hoping that means Augusta will be no wetsuit, I mean, how can Georgia water temperatures be lower than Indiana water temperatures? Of course, I'm sure the RD will 'find' a spot in the river where the temperature is low enough to allow wetsuits. All I can say is I'm taking my speedsuit, and if its wetsuit legal, but in what I think is a fudged temperature, I'm wearing the speedsuit, and not a wetsuit! fingers are crossed!

3 comments:

Sherry said...

LOL! I check the weather in Augusta every day... wishing, hoping, praying that a cool front will be forecast; alas, the highs there mimic south FL ever so closely... the lows, however, are a different story.

Wetsuit... I get excited about wetsuit swims, mostly b/c the majority of my races are non-wetsuit. I'm hoping that Augusta is legal, but even so, the only wetsuit that is coming with me is my sleeveless one.

I don't own a speedsuit. Are they really helpful? You are so fast in the pool that I imagine we could tie an anchor to your butt and you would still beat 95% of the folks out of the water. :o)

Jennifer Harrison said...

I WOULD LOVE IT FOR YOU if Augusta is not wetsuit legal, that is something we all REALLY HOPE FOR(well, me and you!)...hee hee....ENJOY this awesome weather! It is lovely! :)

Jennifer Cunnane said...

ENJOY YOUR TAPER FOR AUGUSTA!!!! Woot! Woot! I am so jealous, next week you will be writing stories about downing cases of beer and while I am still suffering (I mean training!) = ha!